Health and Wellness On a Budget
You are invited to the fourth annual Empowering You Health Fair, hosted by The Junior
League of Philadelphia, Inc. The fair is free and open to the public. Attendees can
participate in health screenings, health and wellness discussions, cooking demonstrations,
fitness demonstrations, and activities for children. Find a new meaning for healthy living
on a budget and take charge of your health at this free community event!
Saturday, April 16, 2016
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Lankenau Medical Center, Main Entrance, 100 West Lancaster Ave, Wynnewood, PA
FREE Parking in Lot A. Parking will be validated upon leaving the Fair.
Lankenau Medical Center (LMC) is located within walking distance of the Paoli-
Thorndale Regional Rail, Overbrook Station. Alternatively, Septa Bus G and Septa Bus
105 both stop at LMC.
FREE Health Screenings:
· Blood Pressure
· Bone Density Scan
· Lung Capacity
· Skin Scope
· NEW: Ask-a-Nurse Station
· NEW: Ask-a-Pharmacist Station
· NEW: Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures Mobile Van offering free dental screenings and oral health education for children.
YOU Can Help!
· Food Drive:
Please bring your shelf stable breakfast items to benefit the Ardmore Food Pantry’s on-site food drive
Items being accepted: Oatmeal, cereal, breakfast bars, and canned fruit. *No boxed milk, please!
Please bring your gently used shoes, clothing and accessories to the on-site
clothing drive to benefit the Junior League of Philadelphia Thrift Shop!
FREE Fitness Demonstrations:
· 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Jazzercize
· 11:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. barre3 Rosemont
· 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. Prana House Yoga
Special Panelist Session:
12:45 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
“Small Changes, Big Results: Illness Prevention Strategies in a Quick-Fix Society”
· Bring all your health-related questions, and get ready to learn tips and tricks on being the healthiest YOU from our expert team of panelists!
·Dr. Maribel Hernadez, MD. Cardiologist.
·Dr. Aarti Shevade, MD. Oncologist.
·Dr. Riti Patel, MD. Non-Invasive Cardiologist.
·Jennifer Busillo, PharmD. Pharmacist.
· Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures- free dental screenings and oral health education for children.
· Penn Wynne Fire Department- come see the fire truck!
· Farm Explorer Mobile Garden
· Children’s crafts and activities for healthy living
· Free bicycle helmets and fittings (first come, first serve, quantity limited)
· Kids’ giveaway bags
FREE Food and Cooking Demonstrations and Giveaways:
· Vetri Foundation
· Snap Kitchen
Organizations to Stop By and Visit:
· Susan G. Komen
· American Pharmacists Association
· Brain Injury Association of Pennsylvania
· Mental Health Association of Southeastern Pennsylvania
· Women’s Center of Montgomery County
· Greener Partners
· Montgomery County Health Department
· American Heart Association
Other Participants You Won’t Want to Miss:
· Healthy Allure
· Rittenhouse Women’s Wellness Center
· Dr. Klein’s “The Great Outdoors and Allergies”
· Comprehensive Breast Center at Lankenau
· Free Chair Massage
Raffle Prizes provided by:
American Pharmacist Association, barre3, Door to Door Organics,
Flywheel Sports, Focus Fitness, Fuel, Healthy Allure, honeygrow,
Laura Mercier at Nordstrom, Panera Bread, Pantryboy.com by Firinji,
Pinot’s Palette, Prana House Yoga, Rittenhouse Women’s Wellness Center,
Saxby’s, Snap Pizza, VGE, and Whole Foods